The house where Alfred Ehrhardt was born in the Thuringian town of Triptis near Gera was purchased in 2007 by Ehrhardt’s son, Dr. Jens Ehrhardt, in order to establish a site commemorating his father’s artistic achievements. Built around 1800, the house was close to demolition after standing empty for a long period of time. By gutting the interior and going through a complicated procedure of raising the ceilings, an apartment was created on the first floor as well as an exhibition space on the ground floor. Historic preservation and the interests of the city of Triptis were taken into consideration in helping to improve the appearance of the town.
Alfred Ehrhardt Haus
07819 Triptis, GERMANY
Sun 2-5 pm
closed on public holidays
100 Years of Bauhaus – Student Works from the Preliminary Classes of Alfred Ehrhardt 1930-1933
Informations available only in German